Sunday, October 22, 2023

Mackintosh Socks - Take Two

I was working on the cuff of the second sock when I decided to give up.  Really, I should have known better.  As you may recall, this skein of yarn had taken bug damage (carpet beetles), but I thought I had enough to make it worth while to try to use it.  I had one join in the first sock, but when I got to the eighth join on the second sock (two in the foot, three in the heel, two already in the cuff) I decided enough was enough.  I wasn’t sure what yarn I would pick from my stash to replace the club yarn (Alisha Goes Around Tracks of Bison Fingering), but as I was cataloging (relatively) recent stash acquisitions, I came across this lonely skein of Cascade Yarns Heritage in this lovely blue.  It is knitting up at a slightly tighter gauge than the club yarn, so I added two more increases to bring the stitch count up to 64 (splitting the difference between the small at 60 stitches and the large at 68).  I am working an asymmetrical toe, so it actually mirrors the shape of my foot.  So far I am happy with the fit and it feels much nicer than the club yarn, and is easier to knit with.

Pattern:  Mackintosh by Janel Laidman
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns Heritage
Needle:  US 1.5 (2.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment