Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Danube Socks - Finished!

The second sock went quickly.  I typically do not have second sock syndrome.  Once I get one finished I typically knit the second one up right away, buoyed by my success with the first one.  I’m not really sure why I abandoned them the first go around ten years ago, but I’m glad that I finished them.  I am also glad that I recharted everything, even though I had the file electronically and had created the project in knitCompanion, I like my charts better.  I could have done some things in knitCompanion with the original charts to create cuff charts for the front and the back, but with my adding some ribbing to make them fit better I really needed to recreate the charts.  Each of these club patterns came with both a sock and a shawl or scarf pattern, and in the past I have used the club yarn for the sock and stash dived for the other pattern.  I do have the scarf that came with these socks in progress, and may get back to it at some point, but that yarn cake looks like it took some bug damage as well, and I haven’t check it out yet.

This photo was taken right after joining the toes and weaving in the ends.  You can see just a little bit of Jezebel in the upper right corner, curled up on the Comfort Blanket, which she has claimed as her own.

Pattern:  Danube by Janel Laidman
Needle:  US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
Yarn:  Dirty Water DyeWorks Lillian in Sea


 

No comments:

Post a Comment