Sunday, August 6, 2023

Zorzal - One Wedge Done

This project is working up quickly, partly due to the fact that it is easy garter stitch and I can work on it while reading.  Bruce and I are reading Naomi Novik’s dragon series, which are enjoyable, if not of quite the same caliber as Spinning Silver or Uprooted.  We like the dragons the best.  When I was working the stripes I just carried the other color up the side, but when I worked the wedge I knit the first stitch with both colors to carry the lighter color along and avoid having more ends to weave in.  I like the look of knitting the first stitch with both colors and will use that for the rest of the shawl.  For both methods I always stretched out the edge to make sure that it wasn’t pulling in.  Now I work a similar wedge from the other side in the lighter color, and then I finish off with stripes to use up the rest of the yarn.

Pattern:  Zorzal by Lisa Hanes
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Oriana 8-Ply in Fresh Light and Cold Sky
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment