Saturday, August 5, 2023

Comfort Blanket - Finished!

After I finished the edging on the shawl I was able to return to work the edging on the blanket to use up as much of the remainder of the full size skein as possible.  I did a modified log cabin edging, working the two opposite sides first - picking up 200 stitches - and then the other two opposite sides where I also picked up stitches in the edging of the first two sides so that things were symmetric.  I kept track of my yarn usage, and after working a couple of rows I did the math to figure out how many rows I could work and not run out of yarn (I ended up with about 5 grams left).  I could have done one more row on each side, but I wanted to bind off on a wrong side row because I like the look when I’m working garter stitch, and if I had worked that one more row I would have been binding off on the right side.  This didn’t take very long to finish, I finished up on July 27, but had to wait until the following Monday to block it as we had to go out of town over the weekend.  Jezebel has claimed the blanket.


Pattern:  Comfort Blanket KAL 2023 by Louise Tilbrook
Yarn:  Mad Scientist Yarns Hybrid 2021 Jekyll Advent
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment