Saturday, August 5, 2023

Zorzal - Cast On!

One of the other things that I have been doing lately is cataloging and putting up some of my more recent stash acquisitions (recent being a relative word).  As I was cataloging my SpaceCadet yarns I came across this pair from the Interstellar Yarn Alliance November 2020 shipment.  As I needed a simple project to take to work I decided to cake up the lighter of the two and throw it in my work bag along with a US 5 circular needle to start another Boomerang Garter Stitch Shawl.  But as I was working on it during a meeting I decided that I really wanted to use both of the colors together, so I did a quick Ravelry search and found the Zorzal pattern, which was already in my Ravelry library.  When I got home from work I caked up the other skein and started over.  The colors are Fresh Light and Cold Sky.  It starts out with stripes and then has two sections of short rows that highlight each of the colors and is finished off with more stripes.  This is the end of the starting stripes, and I’m almost done with the first short row section.

Pattern:  Zorzal by Lisa Hanes
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Oriana 8-Ply in Fresh Light and Cold Sky
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment