Monday, August 14, 2023

Zorzal - Finished!

Once I finished the short rows, the stripes went quickly as well.  After working the wedges I had 45.9 grams of Color A left, and 30.7 grams of Color B.  I was able to work 7 stripes of Color B, ending up with 1.3 grams left.  I was able to work 9 stripes of Color A, so I worked extra rows of Color A after using up all of my color B, ending with 2.9 grams of Color A left after the bind off.  That is what I call a perfect project.  I really hate having leftovers.
The shawl is a nice size and lays well on your shoulders.  I will wear it to work tomorrow.  I always pick out my outfit the day before so I don’t have to think about it when I roll out of bed at 5am.
I did block fairly aggressively, for me.
And I do like the way the garter stitch was opened up.  I did knit this on US 6 needles, which is a size larger than I typically knit this yarn on for shawls.  Jezebel supervised the blocking.


Pattern:  Zorzal by Lisa Hanes
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Oriana 8-Ply
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)



No comments:

Post a Comment