Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Science Experiment - Cast On

 

The knitting pattern that comes with the Mad Scientist Yarns 2020 Jekyll Advent Calendar is called The Science Experiment.  It has three different charts that you can mix up anyway you would like.  I started with skein 1, Xi Persei and chart A.
The yarn in my set is Hybrid - 70% Bluefaced Leicester, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere goat, with 437 yards / 100 grams.  You can make this shawl as big or as small as you like, and the pattern gives measurements for four different sizes,  using roughly 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or the full set.  Looking at the measurements I quickly decided that I did not want to make the shawl using the full set as it would be ginormous.  So I decided to use about half the set for this shawl.  But then I was faced with the dilemma of what to make with the other half.

Pattern:  The Science Experiment by Melinda Measor
Yarn:  Mad Scientist Yarns Hybrid
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment