Saturday, May 8, 2021

Mad Scientist Yarns - 2020 Jekyll Advent Calendar

 

Last year I bought a Mad Scientist Jekyll Advent Calendar, thanks to the able enabling of Ambah O’Brien.  I had to get one because it was a fade based upon the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram for stellar classification.  How could I resist?  At the end of April they announced their 2021 Advent sets and this year the fade set is using bioluminescent marine life as the inspiration.  Of course I had to get one.  They also had a picture of the Jekyll set, which was available for re-order.  Now, I went a bit nuts on advent sets last year, and haven’t even opened all of them, including this one.  But, having ordered one for this year, I decided maybe it was time to open this one.  I did open the box when I received it, and was enchanted by the packaging.
I did order a full-sized skein, and also the bag.
Which came neatly packaged in this lovely mesh bag.
Now, I don’t really need more project bags, but how could I resist this one?  Constellation fabric!  So cool.  And the inside is lined with sparkly purple fabric.  Purple!
The extra goodies were in their own little mesh bag.
I was pleasantly surprised to find knitting needles in there!
Not that I really need more knitting needles, but I always like it when a yarn set (especially if that set comes with a pattern) comes with needles so I don’t have to go get one out of my needle stash.  But wait!  There is more!  Cards!
Every skein has a card that goes with it that has information on the inspiration for that skein, beautifully printed on glossy card stock.
The care and thought that went into this Advent Calendar really just blew me away.  All that was left was to pull the first skein, cake it up and cast on.


No comments:

Post a Comment