Sunday, May 9, 2021

Stellar Fade - Skein 24

 

As I am working this shawl from the other end of the spectrum, I cast on with Skein 25.  I have now knit Skein 24.  This time, after I caked up the skein, I wound off just the amount I needed for the first half-moon, and then knit the second one to the same row in the pattern.  I have not yet cut the yarn on the second half-moon, and I have a pretty long tail on the first one.  I’ll match the length of the tail and then cut.  After I cake Skein 23 I will again wind off just the amount I need for the first half-moon, join the skein and continue knitting.  This skein was inspired by Antares.  I love how subtle the fade is.

Pattern:  Lunar Fade by Larissa Brown
Yarn:  Mad Scientist Yarns 2020 Jekyll Advent Calendar in Hybrid
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment