Saturday, May 8, 2021

Stellar Fade - Cast On

 

I have been thinking about knitting another Lunar Fade by Larissa Brown.  I really love the shape and have been thinking of other color combinations.  Lately I’ve been thinking about knitting it using one of my Advent sets.  When I saw the complete 2020 Jekyll set I realized it would be perfect.  Just to refresh your memory, here is my original Lunar Fade.
You start with the two semicircles.  I decided that this time I would make them identical, and I also decided that I wanted to start with the red end of the spectrum.  So, back to the box I went and pulled out skein 25, and was surprised when two bags came out instead of just one.  More extras!  I opened the second bag and discovered a bar of soap, inside of another bag.
My plan is to use about one-quarter of each skein on the semi-circles.  I did screw up on the first one because I made a mistake while I was knitting it and didn’t realize it until I had already knit the second 
one and cut my yarn.  When I went to take the photo of my two half moons I realized that they were not the same.  I counted the slipped edge stitches and the first one was bigger.  Looking at it I realized that I must have repeated two rows in the middle, so I pulled the needles and reknit it, raveling the first one as I went.  I ended up with 0.7 grams left of the first one.  Skein 25 is Betelgeuse.

Pattern:  Lunar Fade by Larissa Brown
Yarn:  Mad Scientist Yarns 2020 Jekyll Advent Calendar Hybrid
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment