Sunday, May 9, 2021

Caladenia Shawl MKAL - Finished!

 

I finished this up on this past Friday and blocked it Saturday morning.  I am very pleased with how it came out.  It is a generously sized shawl.  The yarn is an Autumn Trio from The Unique Sheep that I purchased back in 2017, so it was also a stash buster for me (and I have a lot of stash to bust).  I did modify the lace section by keeping the increases going on the center spine.  I just thought it would look nicer and be easier to block.  The other modification that I made is that I used the same size needle for the entire shawl.  The pattern instructions lists US 4 (3.5 mm) and US 6 (4 mm) and has you use the larger needle for the mosaic section and the smaller needle for everything else, including the lace section.  A US 5 (3.75 mm) is pretty much my go to needle for using with fingering weight yarn when making a shawl so that is what I went with.  I just made sure that I was careful of my tension on the mosaic section.
Blocking wasn’t too hard, although I did pin out every picot, and I went back after this photo was taken and evened things out.  I always take blocking pictures because they make it easier to spot any inconsistencies in the blocking.

Pattern:  Caladenia Shawl MKAL by Ambah O’Brien 
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment