Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Remnants Shawl - Thirteen Colors Done

As soon as I finish up with a skein on the Adventuresome Shawl I attach it to the tail of the previous skein on this shawl and knit it up.  I will confess that in some ways I'm liking this shawl better than the Adventuresome Shawl simply because it is letting the yarn be the star without any other distraction.  I was thinking of using the blue main color from the Adventuresome Shawl as a picot border (depending on how much I have left), but I may just leave it as it is - just a simple garter stitch boomerang shawl.  The stitches were getting a little crowded on the needle I was using, but finishing up the Sunshower Shawl freed up the Smart Stix needles.

The colors so far:
1.  Outer Space
2.  Black Hole
3.  Dark Nebula
4.  Asteroid
5.  Horizons
6.  Blue Moon
7.  Aurora Borealis
8.  Equinox
9.  Orbit
10.  Crater
11.  Ursa Major
12.  Galaxy
13.  Neutron

Pattern:  improvised
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment