Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Adventuresome Shawl - Thirteen Colors Done

My test knit is on hold while I wait for more beads to come in, so I've been working on this and my Remnants shawl.  I'm just over half-way done - 13 of the 25 mini-skeins.  The colors so far:

1.  Outer Space
2.  Black Hole
3.  Dark Nebula
4.  Asteroid
5.  Horizons
6.  Blue Moon
7.  Aurora Borealis
8.  Equinox
9.  Orbit
10.  Crater
11.  Ursa Major
12.  Galaxy
13.  Neutron

I will confess that I'm not entirely clear on the relationship between the color names and the colors, and I'm not as interested in that relationship because it isn't really that strong given that none of the skeins have labels, the only label was on the little paper bag they came in, and the color key is on a half-sheet of paper.  Still, I like the colors - not quite my usual palette - and I like the blue for the main color.  I did take care to lay them out in order and to keep them laid out in order, but that also means that I can't really put this project in too much of a time out.

Pattern:  ADVENTuresome Wrap by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock, 2019 Night Sky Advent
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment