Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Sunshower Shawl - Finished!

I finished this up this past Saturday.  It ends with an I-cord bind off and edging, which requires you to pick up stitches all the way around the shawl.  I had been using the Smart-Stix needles that came with the club, but there was no way that they were going to hold all of those stitches so I pulled out a 47 inch size 5 from my needle stash.  On the edges I picked up the two outer legs of the stitch between the purl bumps and alternating between knitting a stitch in it and knitting front back in it as the directions called for 3 stitches per every 4 rows and each garter stitch ridge represented two rows.  I almost didn't do the I-cord edging and bind off, but that last skein was purple (Iris), which is my favorite color.  I did work a couple of extra rows of I-cord where I had to turn the corner from the cast off bottom to the picked up sides just to give myself a little more room to make it around that point.
It is a nice crescent shape.  I blocked it fairly aggressively to bring out the garter stitch ridges as well as the lace.  I may make more of this pattern, it was fun and is a good way to use up leftover yarn or mini-skeins.

Pattern:  Sunshower Shawl by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Tosh Merino Light
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment