Sunday, January 17, 2016

Tudor Roses - Elizabeth Woodville - Making Progress

I've been working mostly on this project and making steady progress. I actually ripped back to the start and redid all of the hem shaping wrapping all of my turns, which I think gives a neater appearance.  I could see small holes where I hadn't wrapped on the rows that turned against the garter row as opposed to the ones that turned against a stockinette row, where I did wrap.  Those little holes were bugging me, so I ripped and redid.  I've almost worked two complete skeins, but the piece was curling something fierce and it is hard to really see what you've got so last night I pinned it out and spritzed it to make it behave a bit better, and I'm glad to say that it worked.  I need to figure out my upper body shaping, where to start working the armholes because I need them to be deeper than the pattern is calling for, and my brain is a bit too fuzzy for that today (darn head cold), so I think I will go work on my Summer Breeze socks (I just have to finish up the leg of sock number 2) and read some more Phryne Fisher.


Pattern:  Elizabeth Woodville, by Alice Starmore from Tudor Roses (2013 edition)
Yarn:  Alice Starmore Hebridean 2 Ply (277 g in Red Rattle & 50 g in Whin)
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment