Saturday, January 2, 2016

Summer Breeze Socks - One Foot Done

After finishing up my Brilliantine Socks I immediately cast on my next skein of self-striping Felix yarn from Biscotte & Cie.  The tag on this one did not have a color name, but as I was knitting the toe a line from the Seals & Crofts song Summer Breeze kept going through my head "Summer Breeze, makes me feel fine, blowin' through the jasmine of my mind".  I've never understood those lyrics, but I like the song, and the picture also contains part of my cat Jasmine, so I guess it all fits together somehow.  It was seasonably cool this morning and Jasmine was having her morning nap in front of the space heater.


Just your standard toe up sock, but this self-striping yarn is a little different from the others in that it has little flecks of dark green scattered throughout.  My knitting mojo has been a little low lately, so I've been enjoying the small project size and the mindless knitting of these socks.  I can also read while knitting these and have been enjoying the Phryne Fisher novels by Kerry Greenwood.  Absolutely delightful reads.  The video adaptations are also quite good, I just love the clothes, but they have to leave a lot out.

Pattern:  Basic Toe-Up Sock from Custom Socks by Kate Atherley
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Felix
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment