Friday, January 22, 2016

Summer Breeze Socks - Done!

I finished up my Summer Breeze socks last weekend, well, last Monday, actually, but it was a holiday, so it still counts.  The weekend was not a very good one in other respects as I had a nasty head cold the whole time, one which I'm still getting over.  Plus, I gave it to Bruce and it hit him harder than me.  He was home sick most of the week, but is finally on the mend.

I wore my Carousel Socks to work on Tuesday.  The purple in them went with my Lilac Pullover, which I was also wearing.  I was briefing the program office, so I had to dress in mufti, which for me is slacks and a hand knit sweater, as opposed to colorful leggings and a tunic, but I can't resist wearing some color.  I'm happy to say I wasn't the only person wearing striped socks at the meeting, but I bet I was the only one wearing hand knit socks.

Pattern:  Basic Toe-Up Sock from Custom Socks by Kate Atherley
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Felix
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment