Saturday, May 2, 2015

Galadriel's Mirror - Chart 1 Take Two

Last night I decided to start my Galadriel's Mirror over again.  There were a couple of factors that led to my decision.  I had made a couple of mistakes and I had also used a remnant from another gradient set in between my first and second skeins of this set.  I knew that I was going to be very close on my yarn amount and had found a remnant that matched the first skein almost exactly except that it had a bit more of the almost white silver, which led to some pooling that was bugging me a bit.  After I started using the remnant skein I realized that it would have been better to start with that skein so there wouldn't be an "alien" skein in the middle of my Silverlode set.  I pulled the shawl off the needles and took a picture before I started to frog.
Then I frogged back skein 2, and put the rest of the shawl into a bag to catch the beads as I knit the new shawl from the old.

Project:  Galadriel's Mirror by Susan Pandorf (from The Fellowship of the Ring Series)
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Silverlode
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment