Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Little Something Unique

I dyed up this yarn at The Unique Sheep Retreat this past March.  I'm calling this colorway Blue Bayou, because for some reason that song keeps going through my head whenever I handle it.  When I got back from the retreat I found a pattern that I wanted to use it with - A Little Something by Samantha Roshak.  Laura (of The Unique Sheep) had pinned the pattern on one of her Pinterest boards as something that would look good in their yarns.  The original pattern is knit from the bottom up, but of course I modified it to knit from the top down so I could use up all of my yarn.  I'm using the yellow/orange skein as a contrast edging.  I started out knitting a gauge swatch.  This was especially important as the yarn I am using is not the same weight as the yarn called for by the pattern.  Once I had my gauge I started doing the math.  Thankfully the pattern had included stitch counts at key points.

I did an I-cord cast on with the yellow/orange skein and then started working the yoke.
I did three sets of increases and managed to line them up nicely.
I did an I-Cord bind off on the sleeves with the yellow/orange skein.
Now I'm on the body, repeating the lace pattern until I run out of yarn.  I'm about halfway through the second skein.

Pattern:  A Little Something by Samantha Roshak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Super Wool, hand dyed by me at The Unique Sheep Retreat 2015
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment