Saturday, January 10, 2015

Winter Dress - 3 & 4 Skeins Done

I finished up skein 4 mid-week, and finished up skein 3 this morning (which may seem strange until you remember that I started with skein 6, so I'm working backwards through the set).  I like the way that the striping changes depending upon how many stitches are in the rows.  This is a feature of all gradiance and striping yarns and there has been a lot of work lately on controlling that with careful pattern selection, but I have no desire to control anything and I like letting the yarn express itself.
Now I'm done with the lace.  The bodice tends to go pretty quickly.  I'm thinking of using one of the sets that I bought for Peter Pan for my Spring Dress.  The Tinkerbell colorway reminds me of Spring.  If I do, I will start with the green.

Project:  Alita Dress by Adrienne Larsen from Knitter's Magazine 116, Fall 2014
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Winter Amethyst
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment