Saturday, January 17, 2015

Iced Audrey Corvinia - Making Progress

Now that I am back at work I am back to being a monogamous knitter.  I have to keep track of so many things in my job that I find myself wanting to focus on a single project from start to finish when I am at home.  I am almost to the underarm and have just finished up my second skein of yarn.  For anything heavier than fingering I actually join the old skein to the new by unspinning the yarn and respining them together.
In this case there are 4 strands making up the yarn.  I unspin them in pairs, and then respin the ends together.  I do end up with 4 ends to weave in, but they are half the thickness of the original yarn so they disappear when you weave them in - I go along diagonals.  If you do it right you cannot detect it from the front and barely notice it in the back.

Pattern:  Corvina by Michele Wang
Yarn:  The Plucky Knitter Primo Worsted in Iced Audrey
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment