Monday, January 19, 2015

Iced Audrey Corvina - Body Done

I finished up the body, including the neck edge this morning.  I did some experimenting on this one.  I did short row shaping on the shoulders, as I always do, but I didn't do any wraps, I just turned.   I also didn't knit back across all of those short rows at the end, I figured the bind off would take care of that.  The holes where I turned are barely noticeable.  I think the next time I do this I will slip the first stitch when I turn.  When I did the neck edge I did not bind off the front neck stitches or the back neck stitches.  This resulted in my having to work across the front neck edge as I was picking up stitches for the edging so there is one more row of seed stitch there, but it is hardly noticeable and I like the fact that I could just continue with the live stitches.  Serendipitously, the central chevron panel lines up perfectly with the seed stitch.  I also started the front neck a little earlier than the pattern called for.  I didn't want a strict crew neck sweater, I like a more open neck line.

The name of this colorway is actually Icey Audrey, but for some reason I always want to call it Iced Audrey.

Pattern:  Corvina by Michele Wang
Yarn:  The Plucky Knitter Primo Worsted in Icey Audrey
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment