Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Iced Audrey Corvina

I got turned on to The Plucky Knitter when I knit my Honey Wheat Pullover.  I've been buying other Plucky kits but haven't knit any of them until now.  This yarn was waiting for me after I came back from visiting family over Christmas so I caked up a skein and swatched and cast on the Corvina sweater.  I haven't been working on it a great deal because I've been focusing on my Winter Dress but today I got a fair bit done.
I have modified the pattern to knit it in the round, cause that is just what I do.  And I'm going to knit the sleeves top down.  This is just before I started the Chevron Stitch pattern, a nice little knit/purl combo to break up the monotony.  There was no chart for it so I charted it up in Pattern Genius, which is an app that I'm beta testing and imported it into Knit Companion (they are by the same developer).  It took me a few minutes to remember that I had to reverse the stitches on the wrong side rows.  I charted it exactly as written first and just could not see the chevron pattern.  Then I realized what I had done and fixed the wrong side rows and there it was.

Pattern:  Corvina by Michele Wang
Yarn:  The Plucky Knitter Primo Worsted in Iced Audrey
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment