Saturday, April 26, 2014

Koi Rama - Chart 2 Done

Even though I wasn't up to knitting lace this past Thursday, I did want to get the next skein prepped for Koi Rama, so I started looking at the next charts to see how many beads I would need to string.  Making notes, and counting, and recounting, and checking my math again, and I kept coming up with a total that was less than what the patten called for.  Then I was looking at the charts again and I noticed a difference between the bead placement on chart 1 and the bead placement on charts 2 and 3.  Uh Oh, I said to myself, it looks like there is an error in the bead placement on chart 1.  I went to Ravelry and checked out some photos of finished shawls.  Sure enough, there should have been beads on row 14 of chart 1, but they were missing from the pattern.  I added the missing beads to my count, and voila!  The number tallied.  But now I was faced with a decision that I was not up to making on Thursday.  I went ahead and threaded enough beads to finish both charts, as written, just in case and then set everything aside.

When I came back to it this morning I had decided to leave out the corresponding beads on charts 2 and 3, just to make everything match.  I switched to skein 3 on row 27 ( row 3 of chart 2).  I used up all of skein 4, and didn't do any transition rows.  I don't do transition rows any more, and with this yarn it really wouldn't be necessary even if I did, the color change is wonderfully subtle.

Pattern:  Koi Rama by Kitman Figueroa
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Pisces
Needles:  US 8 (5.0 mm), US 6 (4.0 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment