Saturday, April 26, 2014

Twisted Rib Pullover II - Collar Done

Last night I finished up the collar.  The stitch pick up was pretty easy, although I always have issues getting the right number when I have to pick up so many (216).  I usually end up with more stitches than I need so I did some decreases (k2tog and p2tog) while I was working the first row.  The pattern calls for continuing in a twisted rib for another 6 rows after completing the diamond motif, but I thought it looked better without those extra rows so I cast off after finishing row 19 (on row 20).  I did not cast off in pattern, I just did a knitted cast off.  I find that it gives a cleaner edge for necklines.  Now I will pick stitches around the armholes and work the sleeves from the top down.

Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino in Malachite
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment