Sunday, March 30, 2014

Twisted Rib Pullover II

After I finished my first Twisted Rib Pullover, I cast on a second one.  This time I should have enough yarn to finish the neck band.  I got through the ribbing and then set it aside for a little while because I knew that I would need some mindless airport and airplane knitting.  I don't really like traveling, especially alone, but as long as I have my Kindle and my knitting I can get through anything.

So all of last weekend I worked on Mayan Garden and stressed about my upcoming trip, until it was time to do the on-line check in and I discovered that I could upgrade my ticket to First Class for a mere $225!  Apparently the price was deeply discounted because they didn't think they were going to sell those seats.  Unfortunately, it would have cost me $1000 to upgrade on the trip back.  Let me tell you, it was pretty cool to be sitting in first class knitting away on this pullover and reading on my Kindle.

Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino in Malachite
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment