Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mayan Garden Cape - Chart 13 Done

I have been working pretty steadily on Chart 13 this week, plugging away at the long rows - 759 stitches per row, if I've done the math right.  I switched to skein 4 at the beginning of the increase row between charts 12 and 13 and only have 10 grams of a 75 gram skein left.  Each row took almost 3.5 grams of yarn.  I'll switch to skein 5 somewhere in the 3rd row of Chart 14 and that chart will consume about 40 grams of yarn, so I'll be almost half way through skein 5 when I start Chart 15.  Chart 15 starts with another increase row, so the yarn consumption is going to go up once again - to almost 4 grams of yarn per row, so I will switch to skein 6 a row or two before the end of Chart 15.  Of course, that assumes that I don't increase the needle size again when I start Chart 15, but even if I do go up a needle size, I will still have a comfortable margin to finish the cape.


Pattern:  Mayan Garden by Kitman Figueroa, modified to be a cape
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in custom colorway Mayan Garden
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm), US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment