Monday, November 5, 2012

Rose Bolero

I finished up the basic body of the bolero last night.  I used my Knitting Math Wizard program for figuring out the increase spacing for the increase rows and then marked the last increase stitch with a split ring marker and incremented a counter.  I did my increases on rows 5, 7 and 9 because I needed a row that was entirely double crochet.  I stopped after row 11.  That makes this section only 11 centimeters deep - the pattern calls for 12 centimeters - but the pattern also says to adjust so that you stop after a double crochet row.  I have enough yarn to add two more rows, if I want to.  I'll wait and see how the dimensions work out when I get the blocks done.  And speaking of blocks, here is the first one finished and blocked.
I will probably crochet the blocks together rather than sewing them, and also crochet them to the body of the bolero.  And here is a shot of the front of the bolero.
Project:  DROPS 126-8 by DROPS Design
Yarn:  Fiesta Yarns La Luz Multi in Rose (June Flower of the Month colorway)
Hook:  D (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment