Friday, December 30, 2011

Three Quarter Time Shawl - Charts C & D - Correct!

Amazing how much better things work out when you follow the directions ;-).  Fortunately I only had to reknit the last row of Chart C and Chart D is only 8 rows.  I did have one heart stopping moment when I was knitting row 63.  I got to the center stitch and seemed to be off by 3 stitches.  Then I realized that I had done my 3 into 9 set instead of k3tog and everything was okay.  I am glad that I ripped back, my stitch count would have been way off if I hadn't and that would have totally messed up the amazing leaf border, which is one of the most beautiful things about this shawl, even if it will be a royal pain to pin out.  But it will be so worth it.  I also like the way the colors are pooling better on the corrected version.

No comments:

Post a Comment