Thursday, December 29, 2011

Three Quarter Time Shawl - Charts A & B

I saw this shawl on the Earth Faire web site and just fell in love with it, so I bought the kit.  The kit doesn't seem to be available right now, but the pattern is.  The yarn is The Unique Sheep Eos in Chocolate Roses, one of their gradiance colorways.  The shawl pattern comes in four sizes, small, medium, large and extra-large.  The kit comes with enough yarn to make the medium version.  The pattern is not for the inexperienced lace knitter, however.  There are multiple charts, and because of the different sizes there are multiple combinations of those charts.  To add to the complication, only the first half of each row is charted, you have to knit to to the end of the row (which is really the middle of the pattern row) and then reverse direction to get the other half of the pattern row, and remember to reverse some of the stitches as appropriate.

This was another project that I cast on in early December (the 5th, according to my project page).  I think I had a fit of new project-itis at the beginning of the month, but then it took a back seat to some other projects and I finally picked it back up yesterday.  I would not advise working on this one in fits and starts, unless you take really good notes on where you are at, it is just too easy to lose the bubble on where you are and what you are doing.  Yesterday I finished Chart A (the top picture), and this morning I finished up Chart B (an easy one, the chart is only 8 rows).
You can see the beads better in the top picture (I used the flash), but this picture has more accurate colors.

Pattern - Three Quarter Time Shawl, beaded version, by Mary R. White

No comments:

Post a Comment