Friday, December 30, 2011

Let's Try This Again...

Okay, so I'm an idiot and obviously need to learn to read directions more thoroughly.  I got back to row 61M and still had issues with that row and row 63 and I just couldn't understand what was going on, so I went back to the directions and looked them over again and said "oh"...or maybe that should be "doh!"  At first I thought about forging ahead with my variation, but it really didn't take me long to decide to rip back and redo it.  Yes, rip back, without lifelines, 32 rows.  I've done this sort of thing before and I've gotten pretty good at it, although I don't think I would try it with a pure silk yarn, but with a nice wool or wool silk blend it isn't that hard, even if it is a little scary.  I just pull out the needles and start frogging.  I stop one row before the row that I want to start with, and that last row I pull out a stitch at a time, while picking up the live stitches on my needle.  The toughest thing about this particular row were all the S2kp stitches that I had to undo.  But now I am already to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment