Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wandering Scarf - Finished!

I finished up the scarf this weekend.  The yarn is wonderful to work with (as all Zen Yarn Garden yarns are), and the resulting scarf has great drape.  But it is the color that really got to me.  First it is purple, which is my favorite color, and it has such a wonderful depth to it.  The whole time I was knitting it I kept wishing I had more, so I sent a message to Roxanne, and she is going to dye me more in Serenity Worsted (for a sweater) and in Serenity Silk (for a Diadem shawlette and another shawl, yet to be determined).

Here is the blocking picture, which shows the pattern better.
Light and Dark Lace Club - August 2011
Pattern - Wandering by Ruth Greenwald
Yarn - Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Sock (Fingering / 4 ply 80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon, 450 yds)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks gorgeous! Hmmm, maybe I should have grabbed the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you could ask Roxanne if she will dye some up for you when she dyes more up for me :). It is a positively scrumptious color.

    ReplyDelete