Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nameless Lace Shawlette

Yesterday I received this positively scrumptious skein of yarn.  This is the September shipment of Roxanne's Art Walk Sock Yarn Club.  I joined last fall and have been delighted with the shipments, although this is the first that I have started knitting with any of them, although I did wind one skein up and did some swatching.  The yarn is Bamboolicious (70% Merino, 20% Bamboo, 10% Nylon) and the minute I touched it I knew that I had to cast it on and make something, hopefully something splendid or at least pretty nifty, with it.

Now, I still have a hard time knitting beautiful yarns into socks.  It just seems kind of rude to put them on your feet, but I do like the one skein shawls, so I pulled out the Over the Moon pattern that I used for my first Camp Loopy Project.  I really like the shaping, crescent shawls sit so nicely on the shoulders, and I figured that I could find some pretty lace motifs to put in place of the stockinette stitch of the original.  So, I pulled out my Barbara Walker "Treasury of Knitting Patterns" collection and found the Twin Leaf Lace motif.  Here is the first section finished.
Now I just have to figure out what to do in the next section...

No comments:

Post a Comment