Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Phoenix and the Carpet - Clue 1

I think I may be constitutionally unable to have fewer than 10 works in progress going at one time.  I am also hopelessly addicted to The Unique Sheep KALs and clubs.  This is their most recent Knit Along - The Phoenix and the Carpet.  Selecting yarn and colorways without knowing the finished design is never easy, and I don't think that I am very good at it.  Take this KAL, for example.  I order the Fall Goddess colorway because it reminded me of faded Persian carpets, but when I received my yarn there were two skeins, and their color changes did not appear to be spaced the same.  One seemed to have shorter color runs than the other.  It is a little hard to see when they are wound, but I didn't get a picture of the skeins.
And the beads that came with the yarn are orange, and I just wasn't sure they were going to match, but then I saw the first clue.  You see, carpets typically have a border, so I decided to use the skein that had the shorter color runs on the border and other skein for the center portion.  You can just see the difference in the first clue.  I don't know if I will have enough yarn for the center portion, but if I don't, I will figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment