Saturday, July 23, 2011

Papeete Tahiti Pullover - Body Done

Here is the body of the first pullover knit in the new Color Cruise colors that Fiesta Yarns is currently issuing.  This one is Papeete, Tahiti.  I will confess that I googled pictures of Tahiti, and I don't really see it in these colors, but I like them just the same.  The needle size recommended on the label is size 8, with a gauge of 20 stitches and 24 rows to 4 inches, but I could not get anything close to the gauge with that needle size.  The resulting fabric was very loose.  To come even close to the gauge I had to go down two needle sizes, to size 6.  I am not a tight knitter, nor am I loose knitter, in fact I typically match gauge with the recommended needle size.  The yarn itself is not nearly as thick as I would expect for its classification as an Aran weight.  It feels more like a DK weight to me, which matches with the size 6 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment