Sunday, April 21, 2024

Trillium Lake - Finished!

This one knit up quickly, cast on March 29 and finished April 14, I do so like top down in the round patterns.  I added some extra length because I like my tops just a bit longer than the pattern called for.  I did add the short row shaping for the back.
The fit is perfect, and the yarn is deliciously soft.  I had a tendency to stop and pet it while I was knitting.  This is also one of the few patterns that I have knit where the Knitting Barber Cords really worked well.  I had put the sleeve stitches on them when I was working the body, and when I wanted to try on the top to check the length it was easy to slip the body stitches on and off a cord.  I sometimes find that for some yarns the stitches just don’t slip easily on the cord, and I’ve actually pulled the cord off the needle tip, which is a nuisance, to say the least.

Pattern:  Trillium Lake by Kay Hopkins
Yarn:  The Fibre Co Road to China Light
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment