Saturday, April 6, 2024

Trillium Lake - Cast On!

Having finished up the body of my Sally Shawl I needed another easy project for my work bag.  Having also finished up my Ramea I decided I wanted to do another top and I grabbed the yarn that I had ordered for the Trillium Lake pattern from The Fibre Co.  The yarn is Road to China Light in the color Tanzanite.  The yarn is 65% alpaca, 15% silk, 10% camel, 10 % cashmere and 100% awesome.  Sometimes I just find myself petting it instead of knitting.  I worked up a swatch and got gauge, so I caked up all the skeins and cast on.  I got it to the easy knitting point before I needed to take it into work.
Once I got to the part where I needed to put the sleeve stitches on holders I worked that part at home, so that I could just enjoy the endless rounds of this super soft yarn that feels so good to work with.

I really do enjoy knitting in the round.  Now that it is the weekend, I will spend some time reading and knitting, and maybe have to figure out another easy project to put in my work bag.

Pattern:  Trillium Lake by Kay Hopkins
Yarn:  The Fibre Co Road to China Light
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment