Sunday, April 21, 2024

Lock, Shock and Barrel Shawl - Cast On!

This is the last of the mini-skeins of the Nightmare Before Christmas Advent set, and it was setting up this project in Ravelry that clued me in to the stashing mistake I had made with this set and the Dragons set from 2018.  It took me a little bit to get it sorted, but it is sorted, at least on my project pages, even if it is still screwed up in my stash, which I’m just not going to worry about seeing as how when I complete these shawls all of the yarn will be used up.
Yesterday I started the second skein of the set while I was finishing up my latest read:  Dust Mites:  The Siege of Airlock Three by James A. Bacon Jr.  It was a wonderful read and I really want to see him finish the story.  So, if you like hard science fiction, with a realistic world (our own not too distant future) and characters and conflicts that make sense, I highly recommend it.

This is the set that is being used for this shawl.  I may change out the border color, but I will decide when I get there.

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment