Saturday, April 6, 2024

Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Shawl - Body Done!

I finished up the body last weekend.  Now I have to decide on the border color.  I have a color that matches the last mini-skein fairly well, but I’m worried that it won’t be close enough  and will look wrong, so I looked for other options.
I have also been thinking about just working a black border, so I went to the Simply Socks Yarn Company web site to get some, and they don’t carry that color in their simply sock yarn any more.  So I went to The Loopy Ewe web site and found a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere.  It isn’t solid black, but I think it will work.  The colorway is called Black Pearl.

Pattern:  Improvised Garter Stitch Boomerang Shawl
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment