Sunday, February 4, 2024

Smaug Shawl - Ten Repeats of Border Done

I changed the yarn that I am using for the border.  I had finished four repeats of the border pattern and I did not think that the skein that I was using quite went with the shawl so I went back to stash and found all the yellows that I had and came up with another one, also by Sundara Yarn.  The new color is called “You are my Sunshine”.
The original color is on the right, the new color is on the left.  They are actually very similar colors, but the new one is just warmer.  The new yarn also has 25% silk, which gives it a bit of a shine that matches the shawl yarn better.  The strand is also just a little finer, which also matches the shawl yarn better.  I am much happier with the result.

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering and Sundara Yarns Extra Fine Fingering Silky Merino
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment