Saturday, February 17, 2024

Electric Oogie Boogie Shawl - Cast On!

Last weekend, having completed the body of my Joy to the World - Dragons shawl I needed another easy knit to throw in my work bag.  I’m back in the office full time again due to some technical/security issues with the VPN we use.  I don’t really mind that much.  I had never teleworked until COVID because I liked the clean break between work and home, and I’m enjoying that again.  It isn’t quite as clean as it used to be because I have a work phone that I can check email and MS Teams on, but I don’t bring the computer home anymore.  Anyway, I grabbed another six-skein set of minis that I had set aside for another Over the Moon variant shawl.  At this point I am working on skein 4 and don’t have to refer to the pattern anymore as there are no more stitch doubling rows.

This set is part of an Advent set that was inspired by A Nightmare Before Christmas.  This is the best set of that lot, the others are going to be more challenging to work with.  It was a bold choice for an Advent set, and bold choices don’t always work out so well.  I have a full sized skein picked out already, but I’m not sure if I will stick with that choice.
I may go for a blue skein, if I can find a good match.  Or I may stay with the purple, after all, purple is my favorite color these days.

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment