Saturday, February 17, 2024

Joy to the World - Dragons - Body Done!

After finishing up the first triangle, I quickly knit up the second, and cast on the third.  I had created a spreadsheet to track my yarn usage, so after the completing the second triangle this became a project that I only worked on at home, but it made for some great reading time.

I did not take a picture of the finished third triangle on its own, as I was just so focused on getting the three triangles done and assembled.  While I was working the third triangle, I used my yarn usage spreadsheet to determine if I would have enough yarn on each mini-skein to finish both a right and wrong side row.  I thought about just joining all the mini-skeins together and knitting them till they ran out, but thought that might look a bit odd.  If this were a gradiance set I probably would have done that (and I have two other sets that are gradiance sets that I probably will do that with when I knit those up into this shawl pattern - unless I find some other patterns for those sets).
This is actually the wrong side of the shawl, but I thought it looked pretty, and Jezebel did such a great job of photo bombing.  She was very good about getting up and letting me flip it over so I could get a photo of the right side.
I did a three needle bind off to join the triangles.  Now I just need to pick up stitches along that bottom edge and work the knit on edging, which will also take care of the live stitches still left on the other two triangles.

Pattern:  Joy to the World by Louise Robert
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)





No comments:

Post a Comment