Monday, July 3, 2023

Ruffled Scarf - Finished!

I took a break from my other projects and decided to focus on this one.  I had to rip back a considerable amount when I discovered that I had only partially worked one of the short row wedges that create the ruffle.  But once I had done that and gotten everything back on the needles and restarted it went very quickly.  The next step in the pattern was adding the I-cord loops to run the silk scarf through.  Sadly, the instructions there were a little less than satisfactory.  I quote:

“Cast on 3 sts, k2, attach to cast on edge of scarf at the straight edge of scarf.  Knit 8 rows of free I-cord and attach at corner.  *Knit 8 rows of free I-cord and attach, to straight edge of scarf where ruffle starts.  Skip 8 slipped stitches and attach cord*.”

Looking at the picture it appeared to me that the I-cord was attached on the slipped stitch edge that is the inner circumference of the scarf - the non-ruffled side.  It seemed to me that there should also be some I-cord at the beginning and ending edges, to help pull the scarf together when worn.
In the end, the above picture shows how I decided to interpret the instructions.  Before I wove in any of the ends, I threaded the silk scarf through the loops and took some pictures to see if I liked it.



Overall, I am quite pleased with how it has turned out.  I have not blocked it, but have woven in all of my ends.  The scarf itself was knit on US 8 (5.0 mm) needles, the I-cord was knit on US 6 (4.0 mm) needles.

Pattern:  Ruffled Scarf with Fingerless Gloves
Yarn:  Hand Painted Knitting Yarns Precious
Needles:  US 8 (5.0 mm), US 6 (4.0 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment