Saturday, July 8, 2023

Advertence - Clue 6 Done

I am now caught up on my Advertence, just in time, as Clue 7 will probably drop next week.  Now I need to focus on catching up on my Multivalence.  I did have a slight challenge getting a picture of this clue - as soon as I laid it out my cat Jezebel happily settled on it.
And disturbing happy kitties is definitely not done.
Fortunately she soon arose of her own accord and went to investigate my knitting needle (top photo).

I did take the opportunity to get some measurements (which elicited more interest from Jezebel).  The width is 25 inches and the length is 30 inches.  If we assume that we are at the half-way point (from a length perspective), the finished size will be just perfect for a shawl.  The pattern calls for a US 8 (5.0 mm) for the mosaic, but I’m knitting the entire shawl on a US 4 (3.5 mm).  The finished size given in the pattern is 92” long and 40” wide, a good deal larger than mine will turn out.  I knew this going in and deliberately chose to knit at a tighter gauge (I don’t really like knitting at loose gauges - I think it just looks sloppy) wanting a shawl rather than a blanket.  I love the fabric, and so does Jezebel, seizing any opportunity she can to lay on it, even when I’m knitting on it.

Obviously mine will also use less yarn.  I purchased a 4-skein Dramatic Hues set and 3 skeins of an oops Purple Chive and will probably use a little over 2 skeins of each, based on my usage so far - I just started using my second skeins of both colors back in clue 5.

Pattern:  Advertence by Janica York Carter
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Mirage Sport
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment