Saturday, July 15, 2023

Multivalence - Clue 5 Done

I’m not sure why I waited so long to work Clue 5. I think when I saw it worked up it looked a little complicated, and there was a fair bit of chatter on Ravelry - to the point that one member actually drew up the chart and posted it.  I saved all of that off in case I needed it, but in the end I didn’t need any of it.  I will confess that it took me a couple of tries to get this clue started.  On the first go I didn’t like the color I had picked (a dark blue), and on the second go I did not read the instructions for the first round completely through and made sure that I really understood what I was supposed to do and charged ahead with something that looked fine, but didn’t work when I got to the end of the round, so I had to tear it all out and begin again, but the third time went smoothly and the rest of the rounds were easy.  I always leave the old color still attached when I start the next clue just in case I find a mistake as I’m working the first round, and I’m glad I did because I did find a missing single crochet when I was working the first round of clue 6.  I thought about just leaving it - I wasn’t working into that stitch, but it meant that there was one less single crochet in that space and even if no one else would have noticed it I knew that it was there.  So, I paused on the first round of clue 6 and ripped back the last row of clue 5 to the mistake and reworked it.  Fortunately the mistake was about two thirds of the way through the round, so I didn’t have to rip that much and it didn’t take me that long to fix.

Pattern:  Multivalence by Janica York Carter
Yarn:  Expression Fiberarts Luster Superwash Merino Sport
Hook:  3.5 mm (E)

No comments:

Post a Comment