Monday, December 28, 2020

Stillness Shawl - Halfway There

 

I finished up my test knit last week, so I’m back to focusing on my Stillness Shawl.  I’ve done the last increase, so I now have 577 stitches on my needles.  The rows are simple, but long.  This has been a very easy shawl to modify into a cape.  At this point in the pattern, and since row 100, the extra stitch I have is worked as a k1 for the first pattern repeat.  This makes the pattern symmetrical overall.  I used leftovers from two of my other trio sets (Granny Smith, from an Autumn Trio set and Thyme, from the English Garden Trio) for the Color D stripes.  I am almost out of the the Thyme and searched yesterday for a replacement.  I didn’t really have anything that would work in my leftovers bag, so I checked all of the Kiri in my stash for a suitable color.  I ended up going to my Yule Ombré set.  It turns out that the second skein of that set matches the Thyme exactly so I caked it up yesterday.  If I need more of Color D, I will have to decide if I want to go darker (the third skein) or lighter (the first skein).  I can go either way.  The Granny Smith is darker than the Thyme, so I already have a darker to lighter thing going with Color D.

Pattern:  Stillness Shawl by Helen Stewart
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment