Saturday, December 19, 2020

Stillness Shawl - Cast On!

 

Yesterday I bound off both my Pardalote Shawl and my Goblin Kalari Shawl.  While I was straightening my project bags I came across the three skeins above.  They are the Valentine Trio from The Unique Sheep and they have been in my stash for a while now waiting for the right project.  I looked through my pattern library last night and finally settled on Helen Stewart’s Stillness Shawl.  I thought about doing another Snowmelt but I felt like doing something that I hadn’t knit before.  The Stillness Shawl is a circular shawl, but I’m working it as a circular cape, my standard modification for circular shawls.  For the B color I am not using mohair (can’t stand the stuff), or lace weight.  Instead I am using up some leftovers in the same yarn base.

Pattern:  Stillness Shawl by Helen Stewart
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment