Friday, December 18, 2020

Jimmy Beans Craftvent 2020 - Tidings to Yew

 

I purchased a Craftvent set from Jimmy Beans Wool again this year.  This is the fifth year I have done this,  although I have only knit three of the projects.  I went a little Advent kit crazy this year.  Along with the past kits that I’ve bought that I haven’t knit up yet I think I can do a year of Advent, which is what I may do in 2021.  I haven’t even opened all of the Advent kits that I bought this year.  For some reason I decided to open this one, but obviously I did not abide by the open one a day rule.  I started this on December 3 and finished it on December 12.  I don’t feel bad about spoiling the mystery, as Jimmy Bean posts pictures of the finished project on their product page.  I think they learned one year that not everyone likes surprises.  This was an interesting knit.  The texture is a bit different because you have lace sections that are separated by slip stitch and fisherman’s rib.  I wasn’t sure how it was going to block out when I was working it, but am pleased with the result.  I couldn’t stretch the lace out as much as I normally would, but it still looks good.


170 g yarn used

Day 2 (A)- Filtered Day Dreams
Day 3 (B) - Eleven Dark
Day 5 (C) - Tiny House
Day 6 (D) - Saffron
Day 8 (E) - Donkey Ote
Day 9 (F) - Coffee Grounds
Day 11 (G) - Liquid Gold
Day 12 (H) - Ristretto
Day 14 (I) - Mars Rover
Day 16 (J) - Blood Runs Cold
Day 17 (K) - Glazed Pecan
Day 19 (L) - Oscuro
Day 20 (M) - Pink Clay
Day 22 (F) - Coffee Grounds
Day 23 (G) - Liquid Gold

Pattern:  Tidings to Yew by Amy Gunderson
Yarn:  Madeline Tosh Merino Light
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment