Friday, October 30, 2020

Rose Bolero - Finished!

 

I finished this up last weekend.  I didn’t have enough yarn to work the picot edging, but I did have enough to work a single crochet around the armholes just to give them a neat finish.  I had to undo all of the joining I had done of blocks to the body, but not the joining of blocks to blocks.  When I got the last block attached I had a gap of 12 stitches between the last one and the first one.  Oops.  So I pulled the thread and all the blocks came off.  Then I counted out intervals of 18 stitches, plus two that had 19 stitches, and marked them with locking stitch markers.  I then finished joining all of the blocks to each other in a long strip (per the pattern instructions) and joined them together into a loop, being careful not to twist the loop when I joined.  With the wrong sides facing each other I joined the loop of blocks to the body using the locking stitch markers.  Once that was done I started joining once more.  This time everything worked out.  


Pattern:  DROPS 126-8 Rose Parade by DROPS Design
Yarn:  Fiesta Yarns La Luz Multi in Rose (June Flower of the Month colorway)
Hook:  D (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment