Friday, October 16, 2020

Adventurous Beach - Finished!

 

I ended up making two shawls, one each out of each half of the Advent set.  This is skeins 1, 14-25.

This is skeins 1-13.

I suppose that I could have mixed the triangles rather than matching them, so that each shawl used all 25 colors but I think I had just gotten so used to working with each half set of colors separately that it didn’t really occur to me until later.  I’m not sure how I would have paired them up if I had done it that way.  By doing it this way I have two fades, and I really like fades.  I did think about putting all four triangles together into one huge shawl, but the thought of trying to block that just made me want to go hide.  Even blocking these took a lot of floor space and most of my blocking mats.

Pattern:  Adventurous Shawl by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock in the Beach Tones Advent Set
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment